Thursday, June 17, 2010

My Blog Review....

When first starting the new concept of blogging we focused on more of my style of writing and reading prefrence. Reading back through all my previous blogs was quite insighful, i noticed my progress was significant. Based on not just grammar but also the flow and style of my writing had definately improved through my freshman year.

More specificly my diction has improved. I started to really think about which words would work better and make the most impact with my reader. I also continually tried to give my writing its own voice, something that made you know that I was the one who wrote it. Every time I write a blog I tried to be concious of all my writing desicions and put more thought into the small details.
This experience in general has taught me so much about literature and will help me advance in my english classes to come.

Throughout this year and reviewing my blog I have noticed my strength and weaknesses. I thought that I have usually been good about detail. My weakness was grammar and spelling. Being the new generation I always would write like I was texting, from forgeting to capitalize I or abbrievating words and puntuation.

This journey of literature has increased my knowledge and overall will be a fun thing to look back on and remember the great time that I had in 9th grade honors english.



No comments:

Post a Comment